9.16.2008

Newsletter 9-16-08

Good day to you!

If you are getting this email and not our brand spanking new newsletter, please click on the following link to join Club Caitlin: www.cookingwithcaitlin.com/about/subscribe. You will not be disappointed.

Va-va-va-voom New Venue

You do not want to miss September’s Third Thursday. This week, Thursday, September 18th, we kick off fall foodie-style at our gorgeous new venue – The McAlpin on Fourth Street (www.themcalpin.com/landmarklocation/map.asp). With cooperative weather, we will gather on the rooftop deck with an outdoor kitchen, fireplace, and cascading flowers. Not to mention a view like none other. If the weather is anything less than desirable, plan to dine in the oh-so swanky penthouse suite. Either way, The McAlpin (www.themcalpin.com/landmarklocation/map.asp) promises to deliver.

If you have already registered for Third Thursday, hooray! See you there. If you have yet to save your seat, register right now at (www.cookingwithcaitlin.com/pages/events). Don’t wait another second; register (www.cookingwithcaitlin.com/pages/events) now.

25 for $25

Celebrate Third Thursday-style any day of the week. Invite 25 of your friends with 25 of their dollars and the Cooking with Caitlin crew will be at your door dishing up deliciousness for two hours. You provide the beverages and we provide the food, two servers, and the Caitlin. Not just any Caitlin either, THE Caitlin. Cooking in your kitchen, we serve a nine-item menu in petit-four proportions. Not a soul will leave your home hungry.

Email me right back to begin crafting your 25 for $25 menu.

What’s Happening Right Now… Kelly by Candlelight

As I write, actually write (as opposed to type or text or typewrite), this to you, I sit beside a tall sparkly candle I always thought was too beautiful to burn, burning brightly. It cuts through the darkness of a power-less home in post-windswept Cincinnati. By the time this gets to you, I will have transferred this text at a furious speed in the 90-minute computer session I bargained for at the home of the one friend I know with electricity.

I appreciate the opportunity to think about my work after a day of worrying about water and gasoline and diapers. I appreciate that my work is Cooking with Caitlin, that I get to love my work, and that I get to work with people I love. Most importantly, however, I am reminded of how very lucky I only am to have been tousled by wind and not tortured by hurricanes. For my inconvenience I am grateful; for the suffering of others I am prayerful. To you who have been ravaged by the weather, our hearts go out.

Upcoming Events

September 18 – Third Thursday at the McAlpin (register at www.cookingwithcaitlin.com/pages/events)

September 28 – Tailgating on Fountain Square
Bengals vs. Browns kickoff 1pm

And while you're waiting for Thursday, check out the newly-posted Orange Chicken Burger recipe and Roasted Turkey video.

Thank you, thank you,

Kelly and Molly and Caitlin too

www.cookingwithcaitlin.com
513.602.2458

No comments: